Friday, June 29, 2007

Summer Camp

I don't know what I want to do for camp this summer. Do I have to go to camp at all?
Cinderella was undecided on what she wanted to do. This is the first year she was being given a choice.
Mommy, I want to go to Tae Kwon Do camp!
In a few weeks Hansel will be 5. Old enough to attend summer camp. For him the choice was simple. Arts & Crafts, swimming, field trips, hiking, Jedi Training... what more could a kid want?
Ok, I want to go to TKD camp too.
I wanted to tell Cinderella NO. Point out how she and Maleficent did nothing but bad-mouth and complain about that camp for the two summers she was "forced" into going. About how her over-priced-half-day acting camp run by a former child star was all-that-and-a-bag of chips.
And now all of a sudden TKD camp appeals to you because your little brother is going?
Get your own camp!
Then I realized that Cinderella is going to be 11. Puberty is setting in and before we know it she won't want to spend time with her brother.
So we better embrace this time as it will probably be one of the last times that Hansel will get to tag along with his big Sister.
Cinderella and Hansel start camp on Monday. They will be gone every day from 9:30-5pm.
Two down, one to go.
I better enjoy this time with Gretel while I can.

No comments: