Thursday, August 16, 2007

Tea for Two? How About Tea for ME!

Sweet Tea, to be exact.
That would be - TEA.
Brewed strong and, well... SWEET.
(Sweet, as in, put-me-into-a-diabetic-coma-and-rot-my-teeth-SWEET)
Need I say more?
Well Hush My Mouth and Pass Me a Glass!



You Will Need:

8-10 tea bags or equivalent in loose leaf tea (if you want to keep it real, use Luzianne or Black tea)

2-3 cups of water

1 cup* granulated sugar

Small saucepan with lid

1-gallon sized pitcher

Directions:
Combine sugar and water in saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, thus making a simple syrup.

Remove sauce pan from heat. Add tea. Cover and let the tea steep as little as 10-20 minutes (or up to 2 hours!).

Pour the tea syrup into your pitcher and fill with water to make 1 gallon. (If using tea bags give 'em a squeeze to extract every last drop of tea juice.)

Serve by pouring over ice in individual glasses.

Enjoy!

(*You want about 1 cup of sugar per gallon of tea.)

Disclaimer: I'm a Yank. So if I've got this wrong, set me straight and share your recipe in the comments section!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My hubby loves the sweet tea. Maybe I will be nice and try your recipe out for him...

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmmm.

A new transplant to Texas, I now appreciate the sweet tea. They drink it in gallons.

Stepmother's Milk

Anonymous said...

You're missing the pinch of baking soda that my Georgia college roommate used to put in. :)

Wicked Stepmom said...

Kendra -

I read about that! Supposed to cut out the bitterness from the long brewing time.

I'll try it with my next batch and see if it makes a difference. :)

Anonymous said...

Err, I think you want the following recipe for "Tea":

1 shot vodka
1 shot rum
1 shot gin
1 shot tequila
1 shot triple sec
1 shot sour mix
2-3 shots cola

Mix up, pour over ice into large cup. Enjoy, you ain't going nowhere :)

Dayngr said...

I love you right now!