Monday, October 19, 2009

The Rest Is Still Unwritten

The fairytale isn't over folks.
Not by a LONG shot.
Oh yes, the fairytale that you have come to know over the past several years is ending. Or perhaps it's more accurate to say that it's changing. Evolving.
Taking on a new definition.
A new fairytale is in-progress.
True, some of the storyline will be familiar to you - lawyers, documents, custody/visitation - all the fun stuff that makes up a divorce. But you can expect some new twists to the plot, mostly revolving around Cinderella. I would venture to guess that not many soon-to-be EX-stepparents continue their roles as caretaker to their once stepchildren after they divorce their spouses. Cinderella will always have a home with me, and a bonus parent to nurture and love her for as long as she wants.
Of this I am sure.
But I am also working on a new storyline. One that involves a new house, a new job, a new life.
New pages and new chapters are in the works with hopefully a stronger binding to hold it all together.

8 comments:

The Step In Mom. . . said...

I am still so sorry to hear about the split with PC. Hope all is working out. Can't wait to read on. Cinderella is lucky to have such a caring ex-stepmom.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you're back! I keep checking and here you are!

Marci said...

Wow! You are one brave woman! Kudos to you and best of luck!

Other Mommy said...

I just found your blog. Cinderella is indeed lucky to have a SM who still wants to be part of her life, even if things don't work out with Prince Charming. I often wonder if I would do the same, looking forward to reading your next chapters.

Dual Mom said...

I just read your entire blog. Some of your posts struck so close to home they made me cry. But I'm not the stepmom...I'm what you refer to as the biomom (not in the bipolar sense) sharing children with my ex and his live in girlfriend. You are to be commended for taking the high road. I know how difficult it can be. Cinderella is lucky to have you.

Anonymous said...

I hope you continue to write: I never thought about what happens to the stepparent-stepchild relationship after divorce. It must be a common issue, since 65% of stepfamilies end in divorce. Good luck.

TONI B. said...

wow... I don't know you but i kinda feel like i do after reading your blogs... i'm so sad and sorry that you're getting a divorce :( You are such an awesome stepmom... I hope everthing works out for the best...be blessed :)

Super Woman said...

Oh, Wicked, I had no idea you were going through a divorce... I'm so sorry. I'm available if you ever want to chat, and hope you know that I am throwing lots of support, love and well wishes your way as you make your way on this new journey. I'm glad you have chosen to remain in Cinderella's life; that's so important to them, as I learned when Super Girl's mom and stepdad divorced a few years ago after nearly 10 years together. Cinderella is blessed to have you in her life, and I'm sure she knows it, especially now. Best wishes, sweetie!