Friday, October 7, 2005

Momoirs: To My First Born

Dear Twerp,

As I prepare for the birth of your baby sister, I want you to know how precious the memories of your birth are to me. It was only three years ago, but in some ways seems like a lifetime especially when I look back in awe over how far you've come in such a short time...

~ Your once intelligible babbles are now articulate expressions of self;
~ Your feet, no longer the object of an oral fixation, have now become your Everest as you strive to put on your own socks;
~ Flawless, alabaster baby skin now shows the battle scars and bruises of a healthy, active and curious BIG BOY;
~ "I can do it" is now your mantra as you learn demand your independence;
~ Your penis, once a fascinating plaything bobbing in the tub is now... well, ok some things never change.

I want you to know that as much as I look forward to adding to our family, I also look forward with equal anticipation as to what lies ahead for you and I. You remind me every day that each moment is meant to be cherished for children grow up far too quickly.

You are my shining light, my inspiration, my soul.

You're my guy.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: